1. Eligibility: Participants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, or a member of the US Military temporarily based overseas with a US residence. Participants must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Terms, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
3. Sweepstakes Period: This Promotion starts on August 31, 2020 at 12:01 AM EST and will continue through October 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter:
Businesses that are not eligible for this contest include those: engaged in any illegal activity; engaged in legal gambling activities (excluding Florida Lottery ticket sales); whose primary source of revenue (>50%) is the sale of alcoholic beverages; those that present live performances of an indecent sexual nature or engage in the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of an indecent sexual nature.
Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
5. Number of Allowable Entries: There is no limit to the number of Facebook and Instagram entries per week per participant. One general entry by letter/postcard/e-mail allowed per week per participant during Sweepstakes period.
6. Prizes: One $25.00 gift card per winner to the winner’s favorite Broward County, Florida eligible business as entered in the contest. Eighty (80) individual winners will be selected each week. If there are less than 80 entries, all eligible entrants will win a gift card. If there are more than 80 entries, entrants not selected will be eligible to win in a subsequent week when there are less than 80 entrants. Any eligible entrants not selected as winner will have an opportunity to win in subsequent weeks until all prizes are awarded.
No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner selection and notification: Only one prize may be awarded per entry. Each participant may not win more than one prize per week. Winners of the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected on each Monday beginning September 7, 2020 at 12 PM EST and ending on Monday, October 5, 2020 under the supervision of the Sponsor. Each Monday, all entries for the prior week ending on Sunday at 11:59 p.m., will be compiled in a spreadsheet. Tagged entries that have been deemed non-eligible will be eliminated. All remaining, eligible entries will be uploaded into the random name picker software (indicated below), and 50 winners will be selected. If there are less than 50 entries, all eligible entrants will win a gift card.
Winner will be notified via Direct Message (DM) on Instagram or Facebook or at the phone number provided if they submitted a letter or postcard. The winner has forty-eight (48) hours to respond. Otherwise, they will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen.
To select the random winner, Sponsor will follow these steps:
Load all eligible entries in box using www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/ and click on “Pick a Random Name”.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity release.
Award must be claimed by the person who entered the Sweepstakes.
The Prize will be mailed or emailed to each such winner. Allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this promotion you understand that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should fraud or other causes beyond its control affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms.
11. Limitation of Liability: By participating you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iii) human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. This Limitation of liability includes any claims against any other businesses that may offer/provide prizes in connection with this promotion.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF USA AND FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at email@example.com and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the winners' list for the Instagram and Facebook Sweepstakes.
15. Sponsor: The sponsor of this promotion is the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance Foundation, Inc.
**This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or any other social media company. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor of this sweepstakes and that any posts made on social media are viewable by the public.